Digicover Terms & Conditions
This scheme is to cover your standard Sky Digital System against breakdown.
- Digicover hereafter referred to as (We) aim to give the policy holder hereafter referred to as (You) a prompt & efficient repair to maintain your continuity of viewing, and to provide for the unexpected high cost of repair/replacement of the expensive item
- This scheme does not effect your statutory rights.
2:00 WHAT IS COVERED?
- This warranty covers the Sky digital set top box specified on the enrollment form plus a second and third standard sky set top box (if fitted)
- The Digi box’s remote control handsets
- The installation of your equipment to one TV for each set top box installed in one house
- If the hard drive in your Sky set top box should fail, we would replace it with one of equivalent capacity however the contents of your existing hard drive may be lost and this warranty does not cover any programs stored on your hard drive
- If we replace your Sky set top box the contents of your hard drive may be lost
- This cover is not transferable without our consent.
3:00 GEOGRAPHICAL AREAS COVERED
- We provide cover to customers within the UK mainland
4:00 THE SERVICE YOU SHOULD EXPECT FROM US
- Priority services as set out below.
- A direct line telephone number just for policy holders
- Technical support over the phone to assist with any problems.
- Call out within 24 hours of reporting this to our call centre, providing these are booked before 12pm the previous working day (excluding bank holidays and Sundays or times of high demand ie. following severe winds, thunder storms, unforeseen common circumstances etc.
- If we fail to call out within 48 hours you can claim the equivalent of the subscription value of the programming you have missed since the fault was reported to us (up to a maximum of 30 days or £41
- Repair of your existing equipment, or if a repair is not possible, the replacement equipment to the same specification as your covered equipment
- A loan set if required whilst yours is being repaired.
5:00 WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- To pay your subscription to the scheme promptly and on time.
- To keep our appointments and to be in or make provision for our engineer to gain access to your property to provide this services between the hours of 8.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Saturday
- To inform us if you move house.
6:00 TERM OF COVER
- This scheme has a minimum term of twelve months. There is no maximum term.
- Payments are due in advance; failure to keep payments will result in loss of cover even within the first year of this agreement
- We reserve the right to increase payments; we will however give you at least three months notice in writing.
- We cannot be held responsible for any overpayment.
- This scheme has a one off membership fee of £30 payable upon entering this agreement unless otherwise specified.
- Any free or additional cover offered as part of an offer or promotion is non-refundable in the event of non renewal at the end of 12 months.
- Faults with other associated equipment (Recorders, TV Sets, Amps, Distribution systems etc
- This scheme does not cover ‘user operations’ such as setting up and tuning in of your equipment (information about these is available in your manufacturers handbook)
- Faults caused by downloading software to your Sky digital Box (whether an official download, from the manufacturer or other)
- Loss or damage to your viewing card
- Faults to telephone and broadband systems other than the Sky digital extension.
- Cosmetic damage ie. Dents, scratches, rust damage, and cleaning or routine maintenance.
- Manufacturer’s Safety Recall or modification.
9:00 EXCLUSIONS THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY OTHER INSURANCE POLICY’S INCLUDING:
- Flood, fire, riot, acts of god, loss or damage resulting from a theft, accidental damage, malicious damage, pet damage, spillage or misuse.
- Failure due to a surge in the mains supply (this should be covered by your electricity supplier).
- Faults caused by moisture ingress, in particular ingress from associated coax cable etc.
- Storm damage and miss alignment of dishes caused by winds gusting in excess of 60mph.
- Any works done that is excluded from this cover will receive the same priority service, but will be chargeable upon completion and a receipt issued to reclaim the cost from your insurers.
- Either party has the right to terminate this agreement at any time after the initial 12 months term. 1 months notice of termination must be given in writing.
- This cover is terminated if you should move house outside the geographical area covered.
- Should the manufacturer of your digital equipment cease trading, or discontinue support for your model, we reserve the right to terminate this cover.
- All monies owing become immediately payable upon termination of this agreement.
11:00 GOVERNING LAW
- This plan is governed by the laws of England and the jurisdiction of the English Courts will apply.